Sunday, July 09, 2006

11 questions for The No No Spots


I stopped by the Works yesterday looking for flyers about shows I may not have heard about elsewhere. I found one for a show this Sunday, July 9, at the Accident Gallery in Eureka. It was disconcerting because I kind of knew about the show, but realized I'd completely left it out of the paper this week. (It's not much of an excuse, but I never got a formal press release about it.) I received the No No Spots CD on Monday (the day we went to press since it was an early week due to the holiday) and got this e-mail back from one of the Spots yesterday. For those who might want to go, the show starts at 8 p.m. and also includes the Moog duo Volts Per Octave and my MySpace friends, The Professional Superheroes.


From: "the no no spots band"

Date: July 4, 2006 7:37:14 PM PDT

Subject: Re: No No Spots!

Hi Bob, This is Lana from the No No Spots, I have just written all my answers after your questions below, Take care and hope to see you at the show. Lana.
(note: I'm pretty sure Lana is the blonde on the right.)

Who are you?

Lana

Where are from?

Originally from Edmonton, Alberta / now Vancouver, British Columbia.

What do you do?

Rock the skins for the NO NO SPOTS

Why do you do what you do?

Because there is never a dull moment.

What are you working on?

Nailing the click for a couple of new songs.

What’s next?

Recording an amazing album in September/06

When will you be here? With who?

Mid July/06 with Volts per octaves (see above)

Who's that?

We’re about to find out...

Side question, connected to Q.No. 2: Has working in Canada and being a Canadian band given you opportunities band from the USA don't get? (Government art grants for example...)

Those options are there and I'm sure they have helped out some bands or smaller indie labels, There are so many bands applying, and the chances of winning that lottery are slim. So I prefer to avoid waiting for the free card, Really the only way to get shit done, is to just do it. If you really want something you will find a way.

MySpace? Website?

www.myspace.com/thenonospots and www.nonospots.com

Anything else you want to add?

Try to eat something green everyday, get plenty of exercise and drink your water.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home